Residential windows are replaced for a number of reasons. Some homeowners may do it for the aesthetic value new windows can give. Others may replace their windows to save money on utility bills. However, there are some people who are unsure of the value of replacing windows.
Even if they would like to start a home remodeling project, some homeowners are afraid to invest, for fear that they will not see a good return on their investment. For people who are considering the pros and cons of window replacement, here are ten reasons why replacing your old windows can be an excellent investment:
1. Old windows can give the impression that your house is out of style, and make your house look out of date. Also, old windows can be difficult to open and close. Your windows should be able to open and close easily in order to serve their functions of protection and ventilation. Rooms will feel stuffy without proper ventilation. Also, windows that open easily will be more useful to you and your family members should you ever need to evacuate, in the case of fire or other emergencies. http://smartwebsiteideas.com/
2. Old windows allow unnecessary drafts to come in from the outside, and are also prone to leaking. Your old windows might not even provide comfort during the summer, when heat will radiate through the glass into the house. New windows will help give you the comfort you need during winter, and the coolness you need during summer. New windows are designed to insulate. They keep heat where it comes from, whether from inside in the winter, or outside during the summer, and keeping you comfortable inside your house.
3. New windows, especially those with screens, will filter dusts out, and will prevent bugs and insects from getting inside. Also, new windows are resistant to condensation, thereby decreasing the chance of mold and mildew growing, both of which are harmful to your health.
4. Everyone is talking about going green, and people are mostly talking about reducing, reusing, and recycling materials. There are also many people who are already aware that using appliances that are not energy-efficient will emit greenhouse gases that are harmful to the environment. Using appliances that are not energy-efficient will also increase the monthly energy bills. However, many homeowners are not aware that old windows can be very energy-inefficient and contribute to increased energy bills. This is because old windows are not good insulators. This can cause your HVAC unit to work harder than it needs to, which will cause an increase in your monthly energy bill. Energy Star-rated windows will help you reduce energy usage and lower your monthly energy bill.
5. As stated above, old windows let energy escape and cause your HVAC unit to work overtime. If your HVAC system is consistently working harder than it is designed to do, this stress will render the unit ineffective over time. New windows will help extend the life of your HVAC unit.
6. New windows come in a variety of elegant designs. These windows will bring in more sunshine and make your home brighter and more cheerful. New windows also improve the curb appeal of your house, adding even more value. This will be beneficial when it comes time to sell your house. You can also easily transfer the window warranty to the new owners.
7. New windows are designed to be low-maintenance, which means you will not have to spend much for paint, which is the most expensive part of window maintenance. It also means that you will not need to spend money on costly repairs. And new windows are very easy to clean. Window manufacturers are designing windows with parts that are easy to remove and reinstall so that they can be thoroughly cleaned.
8. New windows also provide excellent UV protection to prevent fading of things inside your home such as walls, rugs, flooring, window treatments, and furnishings.