What is a CFM? How does it affect my range hood?”
“What does centrifugal fans means?”
“What should be the ideal thickness of the stainless steel for range hood?” range hood ideas
I don’t think that anyone who has ever had a family and an optimally equipped kitchen will be unaware of what range hood is? But then the more plausible question will be-“How much do you know a range hood? “. You definitely don’t need to know all the manufacturers’ specification, but then if you intend to use one, you should know what would suit you best. Or at least what features of stainless steel range hood can create an issue down the line. And in case you don’t know the answers to above questions, then read on.
On an average, if we have been using a range hood and then we plan to get new one, the judgment will be based on the kind of experience that we had with the range hood we have been using. While this forms a nice base, this may also bias our judgment on one factor and prevent us from considering other important things. So let us get down to our pre purchase ready reckoner…
1. Be pre-decided about the size that you should go for. Range hoods come in various sizes up to a size of 42 inch. Before you actually go out for buying, you may want to have a rough estimate of the space in your cabin over the cook top.
2. Go for range hoods that ventilates the air out, as they are functional in removing moisture laden air too.
3. CFM is cubic feet per minute of air movement. This spec is usually associated with fans of range hood. A centrifugal fan is always preferred over the traditional ones as they have proven higher CFM at the same motor speed as traditional fans.
4. One more thing to consider is filters. The preference should be ease of cleaning and maintenance.
5. Other factors like Noise, integrated lights and maintenance should also be taken into consideration.
6. One factor is the stainless steel gauge used for making the body of stainless steel range hood.
So there you are, with the ‘leads’ to all the factors to be considered before purchasing a stainless steel range hood. But there is still some more research left in case you want the best range hood for cheapest price or for that matter, outsmart the vendor in his own domain.